Barcelona. (Writing) .- Having a flat and toned belly is one of the great desires shared by men and women. Saying it is easier than getting it, because to achieve it you must invest time and dedication and follow both a good diet and an exercise routine. This causes many people to leave within a few weeks of starting their training and not seeing results. In order to avoid frustration, the ABS Diet is born, a method that promises to get perfect abs in just six weeks.
Created by David Zinczenko, director of the men’s magazine Men’s Health, it is intended for both men and women and has already become popular all over the world. It is known as “the diet of the abdominals” and its name has served to catch the attention of multiple celebrities, who have not hesitated to try it and see its benefits. Thus, following specific nutrition advice and a constant activity rhythm, the expert says that in a month and a half you will be able to see the results. For this, Zinczenko points out that it is necessary to follow five essential guidelines:
1.- Exercise. 50% of this diet is based on maintaining an active life and nothing sedentary. Exercises are needed to tone the belly, but the magazine’s editor also notes that the abs “do not work in the gym, but in the kitchen.” This impinges on the importance of following a good diet to strengthen the muscles, and at the same time defends the meaning of his method.
2.- Take six meals a day. It is one of the patterns that repeat most nutritionists and that less meets most people. Zinczenko wants to make it clear that with his diet no one goes hungry and that is why they must make six meals a day: breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, dinner and a snack before going to bed.
3.- Take into account the calories. Do not stop eating, but take into account the caloric level that the body needs and respect it without passing. Of all foods there are always varieties with more calories and less. “Swiss cheese is not the same as Cheddar or a Caesar salad as a green one,” he says. You must control what you eat, but do not fall into obsession.
4.- One meal “trap” a week. Sin is not forbidden, but always in moderation. Therefore, the ABS method recommends reserving a single day of the week to fall into temptation and eat the most desired dishes. Yes, only during one meal a week.
5. Eat the 12 superfoods. This is, in essence, the great strategy of the ABS diet. It consists of taking at least one superfood at each of the six meals a day. What are superfoods?
– Almonds and walnuts. They contribute satiety and help strengthen muscles.
– Legumes. They are a powerful fat burner and help with digestion.
– Spinach and green vegetables. It neutralizes the aging process and prevents obesity.
– Dairy products. They strengthen bones by their calcium content and promote weight loss.
– Oats. It provides energy and contains properties to cope with diabetes.
– Eggs. They help build muscle and make it easier to burn fat.
– Turkey and lean meats. Strengthen muscle mass and immune system.
– Peanut butter. It is an ally to burn fat.
– Olive oil. It lowers cholesterol and boosts the immune system.
– Whole grain bread and whole grains. Prevents fat storage in the body.
– Whey protein. It makes the muscle grow and reduces the level of fat.
– Berries. Provide satiety and improve memory and sight.